Friday, April 23, 2010

2 years without sports can be made up for

(originally published December 20, 2009)

2 years without sports can be tough. Trust me I know. But I am suprised about how fast I can jump back into the swing of things. But I havent done it all by myself. My family has helped, but nothing has helped me get back into sports better then sports itself.....

Let me explain....

First night that I am home, I go to the UNLV-Weber St game. I was stoked. Being able to sit courtside at UNLV is always good, and its even better when they win and play good.

Then Saturday made up for the two years of deprivation. I was downstairs watching the first bowl game (this really is the best time of the year.). Wyoming was playing against Fresno St. Both teams unranked, and really off the radar, but its a bowl game, it has to be good. Well it was. A great goal line stand by MWC Wyoming.

Then another courtside Rebel game. Really, what could be better. Where the Rebs played almost flawless.

I was ansy on Sunday. The eagles were playing. I was finally going to see the Eagles play. Well I did, and they looked great. I saw the all the talk from Dad and Alec wasnt just hype. Guy can play!

After the Eagles picked up the W. It went straight to the Steelers-Green Bay finish. With two minutes left, and thanks to a couple pass interference calls. The Steelers get within the 20. Roethlisberger hooked up with a wideout. Perfect pass, and hightlight reel catch. Both toes inbounds, diving grab. Honestly, Its the kind of finish where you feel bad for the opposing team. The poor corner for Green Bay couldnt have defended the pass any better.

What I am really trying to say, sports is showing me how much it missed me by showing a handful of great games, all my teams won, and some great finishes. I forgot to mention the college basketball games.... Butler vs Xavier, Umass vs Memphis. Good games.

I love sports, and by the way things are going for now.... Sports loves me too!

They have to have sports in heaven.

No comments:

Post a Comment